First, great work at all!
Really easy going server os, thumb up!

But,
(We run here an heterogeneous ms ad environment)
- the smbautohomes have some bugs
   - davenport (http://sourceforge.net/projects/davenport/) lists
sometimes other active homeshares
   - the hidden shares are not filtered out of the total_entries in
srvsvc reply (makes trouble with currently widely shipped smb_client-lib
(sharelisting is not available))
- group based logon permissions / root role access, would be nice (e.g.
on fileserver allow only "Domain Admins" logon and grant them access to
root role)
- support recursive group membership resolution based on DN as
membership value, I was told that the problem with membership limit is
fixed (now it is dynamic list, no longer a static list), so extend
nss_ldap or get nss_ad working in way that it could be used as
complementing part for idmap (use the information from ad about numeric
uid/gid, aso)
- cifs server should support kerberized authentification (is wip afaik)

Florian