On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 12:21 PM, Moinak Ghosh <moin...@belenix.org> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
>   There is a facility in the OpenSolaris kernel called Task Queues that make
> it
> downright easy to dispatch tasks to threads without having to do the thread
> management yourself. This framework is extensively used in the the OpenSolaris
> kernel and is also used by a ZFS userland library for thread handling.
> For the full
> details please see:
> http://src.opensolaris.org/source/xref/onnv/onnv-gate/usr/src/uts/common/os/taskq.c
>
> [snipped]

   In continuation to my last post, I have updated the project status in
   Sourceforge and checked in the initial code. You can checkout the code
   using:
   svn co https://libtaskq.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/libtaskq libtaskq

   This currently builds with SUN Studio compiler on OpenSolaris so you
   need to have that installed. The TODO file contains the initial list of
   features/ideas that I had in mind - more suggestions are welcome. This
   can potentially be developed into a powerful parallel programming library.

   One immediate task is to port it to Linux using POSIX threads. To re-state
   the obvious, participation is welcome.

Regards,
Moinak.