Gary Gendel wrote:
> A thought occurred to me.  If we're still on a 2-week schedule for dev
> updates, then by the time we get an official 2010.3 release, we'll be beyond
> build 134 in dev.

That's the current plan.

> This raises some other questions.  If I want to switch from the dev
> repository back to the release repository, should I do it before 134 is
> released?  Should I remain on the dev track?  Is dev 134 equivalent to
> 2010.3?  Are post
134 dev releases expected to get very unstable like they did previously until
the next official release comes near?

/dev 134 is not 2010.03, but more like a release candidate for it.
2010.03 will likely be 134a or 134b (but pkg doesn't do letters,
so I think they'll show up there as 134.1 or something like that).

I've cc'ed pkg-discuss, since the questions about switching between
/dev and /release are best answered by the folks there.

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersm...@sun.com