Hello,

I am new to OpenSolaris coming from a Linux background. I have really been
enjoying OpenSolaris so far. I've almost always been able to find my way out
of different problems. This time I have got a seemingly harder problem.

I have an OpenVPN installation that worked perfectly fine just yesterday.
This night my OpenSolaris Xen VM crashed and now OpenVPN doesn't work
anymore. I fixed a few bugs that were due to relative/absolute paths for
certificates but I still have a bug concerning the tun module.

When I start OpenVPN, I get the following message :

Fri Mar  5 10:24:53 2010 Can't open /dev/tun: No such file or directory
(errno=2)

I have checked that the tun driver is loaded :

~# add_drv tun
Driver (tun) is already installed.

It shows up in /dev :

~# stat /dev/tun
  File: `/dev/tun' -> `../devices/pseudo/cl...@0:tun'

The only problem is that the destination of the symbolic link does not
exist. I have tried many things such as openvpn --mktun which is more or
less supposed to work on Linux but doesn't on OSol. I installed the tun
package via the Blastwave utility pkgutil.

Does anyone have any pointers for checking/correctly loading the the tun
module ?

Thank you in advance,

Antoine Benkemoun