Hi,

The problem is that the device paths have changed  because you used
a different motherboard. ideally use an identical motherboard instead of
a different one. If not, short answer is there is no easy way to fix
everything. but you can recover most of the stuff by doing the
following:

1. zpool import/export -  This will fix the disk containing zpool changing
paths
2. fixup /etc/path to inst - need to do it manually
3. fix up /dev and /devices - need to do it manually

This whole process is time consuming and laborious.

There is a project in the works to make this work easier, but it is still
in the implementation stage.

Vikram

On Wednesday 17 March 2010 03:00:49 Frank Lahm wrote:
> 2010/3/17 Alexander Eremin <ere...@milax.org>:
> > On Wed, 2010-03-17 at 10:19 +0100, Frank Lahm wrote:
> >> Hi list,
> >>
> >> I've got a snv_133 machine that won't boot after replacing the
> >> motherboard and cpu. Asking for advice before doing the
replacement
> >> didn't give anything [1], so I went ahead and tempted fate. Of
course
> >> it won't boot now, I only get as far as:
> >>
> >>    <http://www.rsrc.de/tmp/boot.jpg>
> >>
> >> and then the machine reboots.
> >>
> >> Iow grub comes up ok, I can select different boot environments,
the
> >> initial boot message correctly reflects the chosen snv_* version
from
> >> the boot env.
> >> Booting from 2009.06 live-CD works fine, so the hardware is
basically
> >> ok.
> >>
> >> Any advice on how to go on ? Thanks!
> >
> > Probably need to boot from CD, import pool,
>
> Afair I'll have to force zpool to import not prior exported pools.
>
> >rebuild /devices and recreate boot archive.
>
> ...some more hints on how to accomplish this would be highly
> appreciated. bootadm update-archive -R ? Also, how to rebuild
/devices
> ? devfsadm?
>
> Thanks!
> -Frank

The lunatic, the lover, and the poet,
Are of imagination all compact...
                -- Wm. Shakespeare, "A Midsummer Night's Dream"