Hi Jouko,

You might try running mdb -k and see what is thread 0xd8db3dc0 using:

d8db3dc0::threadlist -v

Jouko Holopainen wrote:
Situation improves ... after I disabled compression on the swap Firefox no
longer hangs. At least yet.. Should I make a separate partition for it?

The kernel freeze I debugged with http://www.bruningsystems.com/runq.d and it
says:
(just a part here):
de7c4ac0 on run queue, execname = xscreensaver
dispthread at clock = d8db3dc0, exec = sched, nrunnable at clock = 36
dispthread at clock = d8db3dc0, exec = sched, nrunnable at clock = 36
dispthread at clock = d8db3dc0, exec = sched, nrunnable at clock = 36
dispthread at clock = d8db3dc0, exec = sched, nrunnable at clock = 36

Yes, there is 36 shed's in the queue (according to the script).
I can give the whole output (480k, should zip a lot) to anyone interested.