Hi all,

While trying to set the keyboard layout using the kbd -s <layout name> I see that no matter what I set the layout as , It defaults to US-english..(or so i guess!)
Recently I tried kbd -s German.
Exit status says 0, But ,
# eeprom |grep keyboard
keyboard-layout=Unknown

This is the same case when i went through the bootenv.rc file as well.
Why is this happening?
What does Unknown mean?

I also tried changing the keyboard layout and rebooted, still the same issue persists. How do i verify that the layout has indeed changed to German( or whatever language).

PS: This is something that I've been trying to figure out from a very very long time.
I've asked about this issue on the IRC with very little help..
This is very important to me.. Please assist.

Thanks
Shampavman

--
Regards,