For future reference:

If solaris is uncleanly shutdown, it is unable to boot again.  At least, I
know mine is.  I don't know if the same is true of opensolaris.

Yesterday, one of my servers (solaris 10 10/09 10u8) would not shutdown.  (I
mistakenly shutdown the NIS server first, and then the solaris machine which
is a NIS client refused to shutdown until it could talk to the NIS server,
which is unavailable).  So I powered it off forcefully.

Obviously it didn't shutdown cleanly.  Then, when trying to come up again,
it got to the point of saying "Console login" and before it could start the
GUI, it started infinitely cycling the following error messages:

Mar 27 11:50:29 svc.startd[7]: svc:/system/filesystem/autofs:default: Method
of service exit timed out.  Killing contract 55.

Mar 27 11:50:29 svc.startd[7]: svc:/network/inetd:default: Method or service
exit timed out.  Killing contract 59.

The system would not come up.  Again, I power cycled, and this time, went
into failsafe mode.  In failsafe mode, here's what I had to do, in order to
fix the problem:

zpool import | grep pool

(It will list all the pools that are attached to the system, available to
import.)

zpool import storagepool

It gives the error message:

cannot import 'storagepool': pool may be in use from other system, it was

last accessed by somehostname (hostid: 0xsomehostid) on Sat Mar 27 12:39:04
2010

use '-f' to import anyway

zpool import -f storagepool

Finally, it forces the import.

zpool export storagepool

Now the storagepool is offline.  Repeat this process with each of the zfs
pools attached to the system.  Then, "reboot"

After doing all this, the server was able to boot normal.  But of course the
storagepool and others are unavailable.  This is an easy fix:

zpool import storagepool

And finally, if you had any boot services that required storagepool, such as
mysqld or anything like that, now you can enable those services, and/or
reboot again.  In our case, we didn't have any services dependent on
storagepool, so there was no issue.  After importing storagepool, I'm all
done.