Shawn,

thanks a lot for your references.

> I'm not aware of any known issues regarding this
> erratum detection.
>
> However, the following bugs were filed (and resolved
> a few years ago)
> related to this erratum:
>

> ttp://bugs.opensolaris.org/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug
> _id=6295986

as is written in description of this issue. The CPU frequency needs to go to
1.6GHz and lower to be affected by opteron 123 erratum. It seems that neither
Solaris10 nor OpenSolaris b134 supports PowerNow on this cpu (Opteron 875) and
so the system seems to be immune to erratum 123 even if its BIOS would not be
updated. Now I only need to check if the BIOS workaround is misdetected or not.

Karel