This doesn't sound like a governance issue; redirecting to
opensolaris-discuss.

Marco Reyes Rasse wrote:
> Hello, my name is Marco Reyes from Chile, i new in this mailing list, i
> need help with one Scheduled Tasks for OpenSolaris and SunSolaris, and i
> have make one script to check if one folder of server is empty or not,
> this task should be executed at certain times of day.

You can run scheduled tasks using cron.  See the crontab(1M) man page.
For example, this entry will make the "/export/myscript" program run
once a day at 8AM local time:

0 8 * * * /export/myscript

As for checking whether a directory is empty, it depends on the shell
you're using, but one way to check emptiness is with Perl:

perl -e 'opendir D, $ARGV[0]; $i++ while (readdir D); print "$i\n";' \
   directoryname

That'll print 2 or less if the directory is empty.

--
James Carlson         42.703N 71.076W         <carls...@workingcode.com>