Gary:

Whenever I log in, I get a message that there are Codeina updates available for
the free mp3 decoder.  So I installed the upgrade, but it still still happens
every time I log in.  If I tell it to install again, it tells me that it's
already installed.

Anyone know what the process is to find out whether it's really upgraded, or if
this is a bogus popup?  Then, if it is the latter, how do I convince the
upgrade process that it's got the upgrade?

I reported this problem, and the problem about /usr/sfw/lib not being in the plugin RPATH to Fluendo:

  https://core.fluendo.com/gstreamer/trac/ticket/242
  https://core.fluendo.com/gstreamer/trac/ticket/243

In the past, Fluendo has been pretty quick about addressing such
problems once they are reported, so hopefully this will be fixed soon.

When they provide new plugins to fix the RPATH issue, you'll likely
get a popup telling you to update the plugins again to get ones that
fix this issue.

Brian