I answered with the following to the osol-help list a few weeks ago:

If you downloaded Flash from adobe directly, you need to also have the libmlib.so.2 library installed. It is delivered with the medialib package.

I found this out on one system by running firefox from the commandline, and then going to a webpage with a flash movie. The missing library message was in the terminal window.

The preferred way though is to install the flash IPS package from the /extra repository.

-- Alan