> On 04/10/10 01:21 PM, Chris Syntichakis wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am trying to compile this (under svn_134)
>> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Dfu-util#Source_Code
>>
>> The autogen.sh says
>>
>> Can't exec "aclocal": No such file or directory at
>> /usr/share/autoconf/Autom4te/FileUtils.pm line 326.
>> autoreconf: failed to run aclocal: No such file or directory
>>
>> How can I find the 'aclocal' ? (what is the package name..)
>
> OpenSolaris purposefully doesn't deliver a /usr/bin/aclocal binary,
> instead aclocal binaries are delivered with their version-specific name.
>
> So you're looking for /usr/bin/aclocal-1.10 or /usr/bin/aclocal-1.9
>
> You can find those binaries in these packages for b134:
>
>      pkg:/developer/build/automake-110
>      pkg:/developer/build/automake-19
>
> You could have found them using:
>
> pkg search '/usr/bin/aclocal*'

Or, in a pinch, you can snag automake-1.10.3 for Solaris at

http://blastwave.network.com/csw/unstable/sparc/5.10/automake-1.10.3,REV=2009.12.09-SunOS5.8-all-CSW.pkg.gz

I think it has everything in it you would need. You would need to stick
/opt/csw/bin in your PATH somewhere after /usr/sbin:/usr/bin etc. Really,
stuffing piles of Linux-world open source tools ( like coreutils ls ) into
/usr was a mistake in my opinion anyways.

--
Dennis Clarke
dcla...@opensolaris.ca  <- Email related to the open source Solaris