ok to recap: installed 2010.03 developers edition, because others did not
recognize
my ethernet. This was easier than trying to find or patch drivers.AS I couldn't
locate the proper drivers.
Made permanent fix to the boot loop problem- thanks to Mathias.
Now I have a new problem as I don't understand how to do what I need to do.
Much of this is still cryptic to me.
>From live cd, used Gparted to create 3 partitions: 20gig solaris2 (required)
20 gig in NTFS for windows later.  109gig extended for all data.
Solaris divided it's partition into 3 parts, but that's ok, And I guess it
formatted itself to ZFS, but GPARTED doesn't confirm format for this.
Now while using OSOL2010.03, I can only see the solaris part. in file browser/
disk management. I see the cd/dvd and file systems. But the device itself is
not actually labeled.
I can  NOT see the other two partitions that I created, at all.
Now in windows The separate partitions would be labeled  C,D,E,F  etc. even if
not yet formatted.
In Gparted The solaris drive is listed as:/dev/dsk/c4t0d0p1   solaris 19.9 gig
if I right click it here are available options:unmount, manage flags,
information
there are two unallocated partitions associated with it one 7.84meg & 16.15 meg

My 2nd partition I created
/dev/dsk/c4t0d0p2    NTFS windows    19.95 gig
right click options: delete, resize/ move, copy, manage flags, check, label,
infor,
                            and format.  NTFS is only viable option
My 3rd partition I created
/dev/dsk/c4t0d0p3    extended  109.1 gig
          unallocated    unallocated     109.1 gig (this is listed below it)
right click:delete, resize/move, manage,flags, infor
Notice: solaris    format not an option, but unmount is
           windows format is an option   but mount/ unmount is not
                               I don't need to mount this right now, but
probably will in
                               future, with virtual box.
         extended: can not format or mount/ unmount.
So here is the problem / question.
I want to use the extended partition for all data I accumulate, documents,
songs, pictures, videos, whatever.
I want it to be available to solaris and windows   natively.
I've been told to format in Fat and NTFS, but people have disagreed.
NTFS is more secure and stable than FAT, but I will use whichever I must.
So since GPART won't let me just format it, How do I do it? & which one FAT or
NTFS
If I have to use a terminal, Please give me ALL the commands I would need as
that is where my lack of knowledge comes into play here.

After it is formatted then will I be able to "see" it in Disk / file manager?
Please respond here and to my email.  Email is easier for me at this time.
choo_c...@millect.com
Thanks all for your help in guiding me!