> On 6/7/2010 3:04 PM, Edward Martinez wrote:
> > it appears this is the lsit of  SUN's former
> software Oracle deems important, OpenSolaris is not
> included but virtualbox,openoffice,netbeans, mysql
> are
> >

> http://www.oracle.com/us/sun/sun-products-map-075562.h
> tml
> >
> >    the  following open source software,execpt for
> opensolaris have already received some form of an
> upgrade:VirtualBox, Openoffice and
> netbeans,mysql.,etc
> >
> > http://lwn.net/Articles/388765/
> > http://netbeans.org/community/releases/69/
> >
> http://www.infoworld.com/d/virtualization/oracle-unlea
> shes-version-320-virtualbox-810
> >
> http://www.esecurityplanet.com/headlines/article.php/3
> 886186/article.htm
> > https://glassfish.dev.java.net/roadmap/
> >

> > I'm starting to get the picture.
> > If and update is not released soon then I  believe
> I should start  thinking about looking at somewhere
> else.
> >

> Or it could just be that Oracle management doesn't
> currently make any
> distinction between Solaris and OpenSolaris as a
> product (note: I said
> PRODUCT, not PROJECT), any more than they make
> between Solaris 9 and
> Solaris 10.  Note that "Solaris" (no quantifier as to
> version) is on
> that list.
>

> --
> Erik Trimble
> Java System Support
> Mailstop:  usca22-123
> Phone:  x17195
> Santa Clara, CA

But they sure went to all the trouble to make a distinction between " oracle
open office"  and openoffice by  also adding openoffice.org to the list. they
could of just  added  a openoffice.org link to "oracle open office" page, but
decided not to.
manangement is making pretty clear they don't think highly about opensolaris.by
a) not adding it to the list, like openoffice.org  b) not releasing any type of
updates c) remaining silence about opensolaris; the other opensource projects
have already received updates,upgrades, except opensolaris.