On 07/ 8/10 01:18 AM, Joerg Schilling wrote:
Calum Benson<calum.ben...@oracle.com>  wrote:

It certainly happened, here's the latest mapping of old Sun names to new Oracle
names:
<http://www.oracle.com/us/sun/sun-products-map-075562.html>

I'm not a great fan of some of them, but Oracle does at least have a rather
better history of picking product names and sticking with them than Sun ever
did, so I doubt they'll change again anytime soon.  And some of those Sun
product names really did need some suckage extracted :)
Well Sun Studio is now called Orcale Solaris Studio (OSS).

A really naff name for a cross-platform product!

Does this mean there is now a real chance to make it OSS?

:)

--
Ian.