STOP!

There are so many of these threads about the future of OpenSolaris.  I'm as
guilty as anyone for replying to them, which keeps them alive, but enough is
enough.

Since the last one hasn't been replied to in over a day I thought that finally
everything that could be said has been said, and thus, the thread ended.

Not now!  Yet again, the dead horse has been brought back so it can be beat
again.

There is NOTHING more to be said.  Let it go.  If Oracle decides to release
another version, they will and you can download it.  Otherwise, finding tidbits
of information from Oracle that keeps saying Solaris 10, doesn't make an
OpenSolaris release imminent.  Also, realize it says "Oracle Solaris 10" not
"OpenSolaris" so I don't know how you can interpret that to mean the open
source binary.

If there is anything to comment in what you posted, it's that IPS is dreadful,
but just because they are talking about IPS, again, doesn't make OpenSolaris
slotted for release.

So please, please, stop these futuristic musings about something nobody has any
idea what may or may not be forthcoming!