ken mays wrote:
> I'll also point out that Oracle OpenWorld is Sept 19-23 and there is a
> 'Oracle Solaris 10 and Beyond: Lead Engineers Panel (S317641)' meeting on
> Sept 23 10:30 AM PST. This is a month after the OGB 'mutiny' date of Aug 23rd
> mentioned in Ben Rockwood's blog.
>
> The meeting states:
> "This session, hosted by the head of Oracle Solaris development and featuring
> a panel of core engineers responsible for a wide range of key Oracle Solaris
> technologies, covers the current state of the Oracle Solaris 10 and gives
> insights into the future direction of Oracle Solaris technologies and
> products."
>
> Also, there is another meeting 'Optimizing Your Datacenter Deployments with
> the Oracle Solaris Operating System (S317603)' in which Scott Dickson, Dan
> Roberts, and Chris Boyle will be there (i.e. major league players). This is
> another KEY meeting to attend.
>
> The meeting states:
> "...The session also addresses the future direction of Oracle Solaris and how
> users can access new Oracle Solaris technology and gives you insights from
> the experts into using some of the cutting-edge features to optimize your
> datacenter..."
>
> If I was a betting man...I'd think someone from the OGB staff attending these
> two meetings would be very helpful to the OGB and to those attending....

And I would bet that they are conference sessions - i.e. tutorials or
marketing presentations - not meetings to discuss things and make decisions,
and the OGB members (they have no staff) attending would simply learn what
the presenters have been authorized to make public.

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersm...@oracle.com