Thanks everyone...

I opted to use the SJT packages and got things working.  Since I'm only going
to use this for transcoding I wasn't too concerned that it isn't the latest
version.  Mixing g++ and Sun Studio compiled library dependencies was very
problematic in getting things working.  I ended up rebuilding g++ dependencies,
even if they were provided in an IPS package.

I have one of my MPEG-2 home movies streaming via mediatomb.  I also
successfully streamed an MPEG-4 video so I can concentrate on moving all my
content to the OpenSolaris box instead of banging my head on this issue.  Yay!

Gary