I always do it the other way round. On my laptop I have Windows 7/64 (two
partitions, as you said), NetBSD-current/AMD64 (third primary partition), and
on an extended partition I have two logical partitions, one 15GB FAT32 common
data to all of them, one OpenSolaris (which has been able to boot from extended
partition for some time). Initially this was lead by OpenSolaris GRUB, but when
I formatted the FAT32 partition this changed the partition number and grub
failed, so I installed NetBSD boot manager, which then selects either of the
three partitions (OpenSolaris still shows it's GRUB menu, though).

In your case my guess is you should change the (hd0,3) to (hd0,2),as the boot
partition for W7 is actually the small 100MB partition it created during the
installation.

Cheers,

Chavdar Ivanov