On Aug 27, 2010, at 20:48, Albert Lee wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 6:22 AM, Joerg Schilling
> <joerg.schill...@fokus.fraunhofer.de> wrote:
>> Edward Martinez <mindbende...@live.com> wrote:
>>
>>> clip:
>>> Oracle, and on August 18, 2010, Wim Coekaerts, on behalf of Oracle America,
>>> gave permission for the remaining files that we knew about under the Sun
>>> RPC license (netkit-rusers, krb5, and glibc) to be relicensed under the 3
>>> clause BSD license
>>>
>>> http://spot.livejournal.com/315383.html
>>
>> I have been told that all files have been put under the BSD license in spring
>> 2009.
>>

> You should read the post, which mentions: "in February 2009, Simon
> told the crowd at FOSDEM that Sun was going to "change the license to
> Sun's copyrights in the RPC code to a standard 3-clause BSD license".
> Unfortunately, Sun never actually made this change."

You should also read my article on the subject

http://blogs.computerworlduk.com/simon-says/2010/08/gnulinux-finally-free-software/index.htm

The license change was being performed by Red Hat and the problem was that they
were unsure they actually had formal permission to proceed but by the time they
asked for clarification the Oracle takeover meant there was a freeze on working
on such things.  So as far as I am concerned the licence change was approved
Feb 2009, and what's now happened is it has been reconfirmed to red hat's
satisfaction by Oracle.

S.