You need to set permissions on the file system properly.  If you just want
everyone to have access:

zfs setsharenfs=name=chris,guestok=true tank/export/chris

for CIFS
zfs setsharesmb=name=chris,guestok=true tank/export/chris

you should also look at idmap for cifs:

read the manual first:

man idmap

My server is joined to active directory, using smbadm.  Here are the two
mappings that I'm currently using in my environment:

idamp add
winname:administra...@mydomain.com<winname%3aadministra...@mydomain.com>"
unixuser:admin

idamp add wingroup:"Domain Admins"@mydomain.com" unixgroup:sysadmin

those are the only two mappings I have had to set so far.  All the domain
users seem to work themselves out as long as I set permissions on the shares
having the Domain Administrator as owner.

idmap list

will display all your current mappings.

when you messup a whole bunch, idmap remove -a is nice.