Sorry for the ot, but hoped to find an openindiana enthusiast who can
coach me a bit.

Trying to subscribe to openindiana-discuss mailing list at:

My request is rejected with:

  "Your subscription is not allowed because the email address you gave
  is insecure"

In the dozens, maybe over 100 Mailing groups I've belonged to over the
years, I've never had this happen.

I wanted to subscribe so as to be able to post through `gmane' to the
Openindiana group.

If the mailing list will not accept my email, how is a subscription possible?

The statement says my address is insecure, but isn't that true of ANY
email address that has been posted on the internet?

Can anyone coach me