There are a few benchmarks at the usual place for what is now called "SPARC
T-series"

http://www.oracle.com/us/solutions/performance-scalability/sun-sparc-enterprise-t-servers-078532.html

At this point in time there isn't a lot of call for 128 hardware threaded
servers, and not very many OS's ready to take them on.

have a good day,
Glen

Edward Martinez <mindbende...@live.com> writes:

> whom ever needs one they are already available through oracle store starting
> at $18,639 :-)
> maybe somebody can give me one for my birthday;-)
>
> https://shop.sun.com/store/product/e823f71d-d883-11de-9869-080020a9ed93?intcmp=soc
>
> https://shop.oracle.com/pls/ostore/f?p=ostore:2:0::NO:RP,2:PROD_HIER_ID:7246562218191186367847

It would be nice to see some benchmarks just looking at the specs it
seems you are paying a lot for software and little for hardware.
Especially when you think about the warranty as only one year and
hearing horror stories about older hardware support from some
customers.  You would get more warranty from building your own and
probably save you some cash if you did not need the sparc cpu's and
extra thread support.

But maybe I digress as I haven't considered the Oracle software cost and
probably would be happy running something on the floss lines like
Postgresql or even dare I say it Mysql.

Seriously those specs are pretty low for that price range if you just
consider the hardware side of the equation. The basic hard-drive is 300
GB sas drive and only comes with 16 GB of memory and you want me to drop
almost 20K on one.  Man I feel violated just on moral principle.

Rthoreau