On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 2:24 PM, Dave Miner <dmi...@opensolaris.org> wrote:

> On 11/17/10 01:43 PM, Cindy Swearingen wrote:
>
>> Hi--
>>
>> I believe the supported method is by using the auto install features.
>>
>> I don't know if you could exit the text-mode installer to make sure
>> the iSCSI target is available, and then jump back in.
>>
>> Someone from the install team should comment...
>>

> That is the recommendation, whether you're using GUI or text installer.
>  Make the target available in the booted environment and it should be seen
> by the installer.
>
> Dave
>

>  Thanks,
>>
>> Cindy

>>> Thanks Cindy, but do I need to do this using automated installer?? Is
>>> not possible to install on an iSCSI disk using normal text installer
>>> only?
>>>
>>> Thanks.

And from Dave, you can take that as gospel! (Couldn't help myself there ...
)
On a serious note though, if you're using ^Solaris (or any OS for that
matter); become close friends with auto-installs (AI, jumpstart, kickstart,
et al). That and configuration management are the foundation of good
sysadmins.

--
Cheers,

Steven