FYI....

Just for the record, I filed a bug report.

I just installed meld, but it refuses to run, shouldn't Package Manager
pull in any dependencies meld needs to run.

According to Package Manager the only dependencies listed are
consolidation/sfw/sfw-incorporation and runtime/python-24.

solution: manually install python-gnome-libs-24

$ meld
No module named pygtk
Meld requires pygtk2.6.0 or higher.

$ sudo pkg install python-gnome-libs-24

               Packages to install:     1
           Create boot environment:    No
DOWNLOAD                                  PKGS       FILES    XFER (MB)
Completed                                  1/1     144/144      1.7/1.7

PHASE                                        ACTIONS
Install Phase                                214/214

PHASE                                          ITEMS
Package State Update Phase                       1/1
Image State Update Phase                         2/2

$ meld

--
Paul Griffith |CSE Technical Team
Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering - York University