> Hi
> We cant use QT or GNOME here as we are using Xorgs
>
> Is there any way you can suggest to verify to check
> the performance impact .

Run some tests (vmstat, enable sar data collection and let it run for awhile))
booted both with and without the hires_tick setting, and see what happens.
Be sure you have as much as possible the same workload both ways.

intrstat might also be interesting to look at (the CPU time spent handling
various interrupts, which should increase some for the faster clock
interrupt).

Or, unless you're pushed to the limit or have the bad luck of having
something that worked _better_ with the default clock resolution,
just run for awhile and see if it's good enough...