Surely DTrace would be a far better profiling option.

Regards,
Alan Hargreaves
On 11/26/10 05:43, Afantee Lee wrote:
Hi, Ian
The reason I want to compile pthread model under libc is:
I am doing a project, which requires profiling the timing information of
the pthread events.
thus, My plan is, compile current pthread lib first, then, add profiling code, and recompile it.

your suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Bests,
have a nice thanks giving

--

Alan Hargreaves | Principal Technical Support Engineer | Principal Field Technologist
Solaris and Networking | Global Systems Support

The MSC and SunSolve Will Soon Retire
Find out what you need to know about the migration to My Oracle Support

 Hardware and Software, Engineered to Work Together

Green Oracle Oracle is committed to developing practices and products that help protect the environment