On 12/15/10 03:22 PM, Claus Assmann wrote:
[Is it ok to ask questions about Solaris 11 Express here?]

I bought a new machine (with AMD 880G graphics chip) and while it
seems to run Solaris 11 Express (snv_151a) fine, it is very slow
under X. I ran some x11perf test which show good numbers, but the
thing that demonstrates the problem best is

time xterm -e /bin/sh -c exit

On an older machine this takes about 0.05s. On the new machine
it takes 3s. Any idea what could cause this and how to resolve it?

It takes about .1 second on my desktop.

Run it under truss and see where it stalls.

--
Ian.