http://www.enhance-tech.com/products/desktop/E8_Series.html

Should support either SAS or SATA.

I'm using the E8-ML, but then I have an 8-port SAS controller.

If you want less cables, you may want the port multiplier configuration.
Not what I'd pick, because it locks you in more and has less bandwidth,
but that's up to you.

It's just a dumb JBOD, no SCSI enclosure services or anything; all you
can do in the way of monitoring the drives is whatever you can do with
SMART, or what ever fault management will do for you.

It is supposed to be hot-swappable.  Of course you still have to issue
whatever appropriate commands before yanking a drive...