I have noticed that when booting my system in Windows the fans are rotating at
a much lower speed than in OSOL/OI. I even tested running some heavy
applications for the duration of a couple of hours and still the fans were
lower.

The conclusion I draw from this is that there is no fan speed control in my
OSOL/OI configuration, instead the system/cpu fans are just running
continuously at full speed.

So my question is; how do I set up fan control in OSOL/OI so that they provide
the amount of cooling needed instead of running at full speed all the time?