Hello,

I don't know where else to post this question since Oracle has taken over Sun
and thus I am no longer a member of their support system.  It's a problem with
Solaris Management Console on Solaris 10 u3 for sparc.  I hope very much that
someone could help.

I haven't needed to run smc for a few years.  It used to run fine to manage
user accounts.  Now, it will start up fine, but when I try to enter the area in
which to manage user accounts (Mangement Tools>This Computer (127.0.0.1)>System
Configuration>Users>User Accounts , I get this error:

/> smc
Java Accessibility Bridge for GNOME loaded.

Exception in thread "Thread-17" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
com/sun/admin/cis/common/ShowCommands
        at
com.sun.admin.usermgr.client.users.UserContent$MyListFetch.listAll(UserContent.java:1133)
        at com.sun.admin.cis.common.ListFetch.run(ListFetch.java:284)

After that smc hangs and I must kill it.  A similar error occurs when I try to
enter the "Groups" section:

Exception in thread "Thread-59" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
com/sun/admin/cis/common/ShowCommands
        at
com.sun.admin.usermgr.client.groups.GroupContent$MyListFetch.listAll(GroupContent.java:1033)
        at com.sun.admin.cis.common.ListFetch.run(ListFetch.java:284)

I'm running java version

java version "1.5.0_23"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_23-b01)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_23-b01, mixed mode, sharing)

Some other smc functions work, like Patches, Scheduled Jobs, Mounts,  Computers
and Networks, Serial Ports, and some others.

JDS seems to be working fine otherwise.  Any ideas would be greatly
appreciated.

Thank you in advance....