> More: alan_pae, you are correct. The ea version does not write to disk. I
> rebooted from the hung installation screen and the machine came up to the
> original Solaris 11 2010.11.

I have successfully installed the Sol11ea to the disk (under VirtualBox).

I think that installation is snapshot-based, and new data *was* written to
disk, but changes were not committed, and new boot environment was not created
(process hung), and thus you see just your previous boot environment or
snapshot, and not see new data. ZFS preserves you from failed installations.

Dmitry.