Today marks the release of Oracle Solaris 11, the first cloud OS.

Oracle Solaris 11 delivers ground-breaking features for secure and agile deployment of services in large scale cloud environments and enterprise data centers. With over 4,000 different new features, Oracle Solaris 11 raises the bar on enterprise operating systems. Oracle Solaris 11 is 7 years in the making and a whole new set of capabilities, from advanced network virtualization to high performance cryptography and virtualization, dependency aware software packing and installation technologies.

Check out what's new with this release:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/server-storage/solaris11/overview/whats-new/index.html

Download:
http://oracle.com/technetwork/server-storage/solaris11/downloads/index.htm
Release Notes:
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E19963-01/index.html#release-info
Documentation:
http://oracle.com/technetwork/server-storage/solaris11/documentation/index.html
Training:
http://oracle.com/technetwork/server-storage/solaris11/training/index.html

Blog:                     http://blogs.oracle.com/solaris
Facebook:           http://facebook.com/oraclesolaris
Twitter:                 http://twitter.com/ORCL_Solaris

I'd like to express my thanks and congratulations to each and everyone who has contributed in some way to this release. Help spread the word!

Glynn Foster
On behalf of the Oracle Solaris Team