From: Bart Smaalders [mailto:bart.smaald...@sun.com]
Sent: Saturday, January 13, 2007 3:41 AM
To: DEEPAK BHATIA
Cc: opensolaris-help at opensolaris.org
Subject: Re: [osol-help] DBG_CALL

DEEPAK BHATIA wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There are DBG_CALL statements in the Open Solaris Code.
>
> How do we enable them to debug the Solaris OS ?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Deepak Bhatia

You're going to have to be a little more detailed than this.

Are you asking what DBG_CALL does?  Or how to debug Solaris
(which is already far too broad a question to be answered
reasonably)?

If you examine the source browser, you'll find that
DBG_CALL is a macro used for debugging in the
linker code:

http://src.opensolaris.org/source/xref/scm-migration/onnv-scm/usr/src/cmd/sgs/include/debug.h#143

#define DBG_CALL(func)  if (DBG_ENABLED) func

- Bart

--
Bart Smaalders                  Solaris Kernel Performance
barts at cyber.eng.sun.com         http://blogs.sun.com/barts