hi there,
Please excuse my English.

I am on OpenSolaris. (SunOS 5.11      snv_42  October 2007)

I just inheritied 6 OpenSolaris boxes at work. I have root on all of them, and
am not "locked out."

But there is a pesky authentication inconsistency.

I have sudo running on all 6 boxes. But I want it to be optional. On 5 of them,
I *can* "su -" just fine from other users (of course having to know root's
password). On the other, I *have* to use "sudo su -" to get to root!! It's
driving me crazy.

What files control this? The /etc/default/login, and sudoers files are
identical on all the boxes. The permissions on /bin/su are also the same on all
boxes.

But I know I'm not looking in the right places.

Any Solaris advice appreciated!

thanks,
matt (new to opensolaris)