> Is this assumption correct, and how can we make the
> machine run with the increased clock speed based on
> the frequency multiplier?

O.k., replying to myself: for Linux, we verified with a small custom benchmark
that in spite of the kernel status output, the machine *does* run at the
increased clock speed. The clock speed increase is nearly linearly reflected by
the benchmark performance. Very nice.

This is also shown by "dmidecode", which shows the DMI information from the
BIOS.

I assume the same logic applies to Solaris, or not?

 Joachim