This one's to weird for me.

System had OpenSolaris 125 and openSuSE installed so GRUB looks like:

OpenSolaris 125
openSuSE
openSuSE Failsafe

on boot up.

Ok, fine.  Use update Manager to upgrade to 126 and GRUB looks like:

OpenSolaris 125
openSuSE
openSuSE Failsafe
OpenSolaris 126

I didn't like that so I re-ordered menu.lst to look like:

OpenSolaris 126
OpenSolaris 125
openSuSE
openSuSE Failsafe

Ok, everything works fine.

So, to free up space use beadm destroy to remove build 125 since 126 is looking
real nice.

On reboot GRUB looks like:

OpenSolaris 126
openSuSE

And that's it.  It whacked the entries for 125 and openSuSE Failsafe.

No biggie.  openSuSE boots just fine so I try 126 and it won't boot up.

So, install the Live CD and import rpool and copy menu.lst.bak to menu.lst and
reboot.

So now GRUB once again looks like:

OpenSolaris 126
OpenSolaris 125
openSuSE
openSuSE Failsafe

Ok, fine.  check beadm list and there is only one entry for 126.

Ok, vi /rpool/boot/grub/menu.lst and remove the 9 lines for build 125.

On reboot GRUB looks like:

OpenSolaris 126
openSuSE
openSuSE Failsafe

which is what I wanted and openSuSE still boots fine.  OpenSolaris 126 fails
again.  So boot from Live CD and fix again and then 126 boots just fine.
However, I still need the line for 125.  If I remove it then 126 won't boot.
The only difference between the two sets of 9 lines is on contains a 5 and one
contains a 6.

How Come?  Why can't I remove the entry for 125?

Thanks in advance,
alan