Hi, I am on a university campus and we have a single, lonely, isolated, Sun
Ultra 45 SPARC workstation, in a sea of Windows x86 computers. I would like to
convert that workstation from Solaris to OpenSolaris because we have zero
funding to maintain a contract on that computer to install updates. Also, that
computer currently has several issues and I would like to do a complete
reinstall of the OS.

So, is there a way to install OpenSolaris on a SPARC computer without having
access to another Solaris or OpenSolaris workstation? I have seen the
instructions for the automated installer, but I am not willing to install
OpenSolaris on another computer to act as an install server, unless I can put
it in a virtual machine. More importantly, the networking setup required for
the automated installer is a nightmare for a university campus (DHCP server,
...). There has to be an easier solution than this.

Thanks for the input,!