Hello All

We have a server that uses vlan tagging and are experiencing intermittent
network connectivity when tracerouting from a zone to another zone on a
different server located on the same network segment.

traceroute connects and reports success for 10 or 20 minutes then fails for 20
- 40 minutes or longer.

While this is happening I can ping consistently to the server.
I can ssh OK.

But tnsping has issues ie 50,000+ms response and the DB drops connections.

The logs are showing no NIC hardware errors.

The network guy are saying its not my issue guv and I'm now scratching my head.

Now I will say I am very new to Vlan Tagging in Solaris so still finding my
feet.

Any Ideas Folks?
Regards
SRG