Hi,

I have installed OpenSolaris 2008.05 on my laptop which is connected to the
internet from our university's proxy server. The details of the server are
as follows:

HTTP Proxy: hostelproxy.daiict.ac.in   Port: 3128
The proxy server requires authentication using our Student IDs and passwords

i have configured my firefox and System -> Preferences -> Network Proxy with
the above proxy. The net is working fine and i am able to browse all the
websites.

I wanted to install openoffice, netbeans, sunstudio etc using the following
commands
pkg install openoffice
pkg install netbeans ... given at
http://dlc.sun.com/osol/docs/content/IPS/instdevsoft.html

When i run the above command, I get the following error:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/$ pkg install openoffice
Creating Plan -Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/pkg", line 1440, in ?
    ret = main_func()
  File "/usr/bin/pkg", line 1406, in main_func
    return install(img, pargs)
  File "/usr/bin/pkg", line 445, in install
    verbose = verbose, noexecute = noexecute)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/vendor-packages/pkg/client/image.py", line 1282,
in make_install_plan
    ip.evaluate()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/vendor-packages/pkg/client/imageplan.py", line
344, in evaluate
    self.evaluate_fmri(f)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/vendor-packages/pkg/client/imageplan.py", line
187, in evaluate_fmri
    m = self.image.get_manifest(pfmri)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/vendor-packages/pkg/client/image.py", line 516,
in get_manifest
    m = self._fetch_manifest(fmri)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/vendor-packages/pkg/client/image.py", line 468,
in _fetch_manifest
    mcontent = retrieve.get_manifest(self, fmri)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/vendor-packages/pkg/client/retrieve.py", line 75,
in get_manifest
    raise NameError, "could not retrieve manifest '%s' from '%s'" % \
NameError: could not retrieve manifest
'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
from 'http://pkg.opensolaris.org:80'

Referring to forums having similar problems, I got an idea that this error
is a result of my proxy settings not being set.
I tried to disable nwam using svcadm disable /network/physical:nwam
and enable default using svcadm enable /network/physical:default

then I went to System -> Administration -> Network. I tried configuring by
setting static IP, default gateway (10.00.99.4) but after that the net also
stopped working.
So I reverted back to nwam and now net is working but I am not able to
install the openoffice, netbeans etc packages.

Kindly guide me as to how to configure my proxy settings to install the
packages using the command pkg install openoffice..

Regards,
Ankit
DA-IICT, Gandhinagar, Gujarat