kebabber, not exactly. Depending on the Windows configuration, one might need
to enter a domain, username and password.
I know it works with Places->Connect to Server->Windows Share. What I was
asking was, how to enter the credentials at browsing the network, identical to
browsing from Windows: When using Windows, and a domain/userid is needed, it
will pop up a window asking for it. On Solaris, it will subsequently show the
share as empty; obvious, since there are no credentials.

Uwe