What settings do I check ?
Thx,
Will

        -----Original Message-----
        From: Johan Hartzenberg [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Sent: Friday, August 08, 2008 3:36 PM
        To: William Zajic
        Cc: opensolaris-help@opensolaris.org
        Subject: Re: [osol-help] browser times out no matter the
destination, even if IP or hostname

        On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 5:59 PM, William Zajic
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

                I just installed Solaris 10 5/08 and got DHCP working
and can telnet to other machines on my network.
                Neither my java browser or my Firefox browser can load
an internet page. When I put www.google.com (or http://64.233.167.147)
in the address bar, I see the status message "Connecting to
www.google.com", but it always times out.
                I can do nslookups.

                I've never been able to pull up a webpage.
                Any ideas?
                -Will

        Check both your browser and your gnome proxy settings.

        --
        Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from
magic.

        Afrikaanse Stap Website: http://www.bloukous.co.za

        My blog: http://initialprogramload.blogspot.com