I'm experiencing the same issue. Though I can connect if I choose an xclient
session instead of gnome. With gnome, my ip is plumbed, by default route is
there ... the driver for my nic is working, I can get to my router via the
intranet access page (system status) and I can ping it. I can't get anything
external though. I thought this was strange so I changed my session to an
xclient session and now I'm online??? Makes no sense. Only thing thats changing
is the session itself. I've seached for  pretty much the last 8 or 9 hours now
trying to find anything on this ... checked through opensolaris.org, gnome.org,
google, etc, etc and I've found nothing. Anyone else having the same issue or
know how to fix this?? NWAm is disabled on my build ... I'm able to launch the
Gnome Network tool ...