If you want to explore OpenSolaris, why are you installing two different
distributions? Both OpenSolaris 2008.11 and BeeliniX come in the form of a live
CD. Why not play around with the live CD of each distribution, see which is
more to your liking, and then install just that one on your hard drive?

You can then install the distro you didn't install on your hard drive into
VirtualBox and play around with it that way.

But to answer your question, since BeleniX is based on OpenSolaris, and the
live boot technology of OpenSolaris derives from BeeliniX, I would say that the
answer to your question is probably not, given my experience with the
OpenSolaris installer.

If you desperately want to install two distributions before you have explored
either of them, however, you might try setting the first partition not to be a
Solaris partition temporarily. That should force the installers to use the
second partition.

As far as having Nevada and OpenSolaris on the same disk goes, it is better to
place them in the same partition but in different boot environments, as
described here:

http://blogs.sun.com/bobn/entry/solaris_and_opensolaris_coexistence_in