Hi all,

During the upgrade after I defined all the parameters to continue
installation just at the point where it goes to graphical (where the
screen goes gray, the asks if you can read this) the screen goes gray
and never asks if I can read it and hit enter.  The computer locks up
there, never proceeds.

Silly me, this should have flagged a problem, since I was happily using
b106.

So, since it locked in graphical install, why not use console install.
All went through to do a complete install.  Now when I boot to b107 it
gets to the point of "configuring devices", the hard drive works for
about 5 - 10 seconds, no messages on the screen, the the hard drive
stops, and the computer just hangs there.

So, I thought, just reinstall b106 to get back where it works.  All went
through to do a complete install.  Now when I boot to b106 it gets to
the point of "configuring devices", the hard drive works for about 5 -
10 seconds, no messages on the screen, the the hard drive stops, and the
computer just hangs there.

Now b106 has the same problem as b107.

I can boot into single user mode and mount the root drive on /a.  I
looked at /a/var/adm/messages, nothing there but older boots.  Since I'm
locking in "configuring devices" I assume there must be something
incorrect or broken in /kernel/drv.

Is there some way to determine where the boot is breaking and fix it?

Thanks