> > Maybe we can find out who's calling drv_usecwait(),
> > using:
> >     lockstat -kIW -f drv_usecwait -s 10 sleep 15
> # lockstat -kIW -f drv_usecwait -s 10 sleep 15
>
> Profiling interrupt: 88 events in 16.823 seconds (5 events/sec)

> Count indv cuml rcnt     nsec Hottest CPU+PIL        Caller
>    86  98%  98% 0.00      867 cpu[0]+4               drv_usecwait
>
>       nsec ------ Time Distribution ------ count     Stack
>       1024 |@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@     76        bge_poll_firmware
>       2048 |@@@                            10        bge_chip_reset
>                                                      bge_reset
>                                                      bge_restart
>                                                      bge_chip_factotum
>                                                      av_dispatch_softvect
>                                                      dispatch_softint
>                                                      switch_sp_and_call

Hmm, looks like the bge driver is using
software interrupts, and I think these could
be running at priority level 4.

Seems that the bge hardware has some
problems, and the driver tries to reset the
bge network hardware in an attempt to
recover from the bge hardware problem.

bge_poll_firmware() could be busy waiting
for up to one second; I suspect this could
explain the kernel cpu time usage.

Are there any error or warning messages
logged to /var/adm/messages when the
system starts consuming kernel cpu time?

Maybe the hang can be avoided when the
bge nic driver isn't used and the bge interface
is unconfigured / unplumbed?  Or the bge
nic driver isn't allowed to load, by using
the kernel option "-B disable-bge=true" ?