DL320s is a WEIRD beast...
Strange BIOS, whacky motherboard. Get a DL180 series instead.

To your question:

The DVD drive on the DL320s is attached via USB; weird.

Solaris of ANY sort can't drive the bizzare USB controller on this beast, I've
been waiting for YEARS for someone in Solarisland to add support with no luck.

If you can add in a SCSI controller and find a SCSI based DVD drive then
Solaris of any sort works fine.

For now we just run Solaris 10 loaded from CD's on the 320 waiting for
depreciation to let us get a DL180 to replace it...

-Rob