I was working on a project last night. It involves the need for a windows
command line environment and a flash drive. I was hoping to use the recovery
console from a Windows XP installation CD. Anyway, that's where I was when I
typed "format f:". BIG mistake. My intention was to format the USB Key not
realizing that it was attached as C: and my hard drive was F:. I noticed
shortly, a few seconds, that my hard drive activity light was on and hit reset.
After letting OpenSolaris boot, during witch time I noticed no problems, I
scrubbed the drive. zpool status then reported 1 cksum error, that
"applications are unaffected", and that there were no known data errors.

My question is, how could this be the case? I'm never this lucky!