Desperately looking for the answer to this booting problem..

I am using the Grub from OpenSolaris build 137 in the MBR on an X86_64 Dell
laptop. (i7-based)

I have this partition map:

P1]  Dedicated Bootloader Partition
P2]  Windows 7
P3]  Dell Recovery Partition
P4]  Extended
P4, E1]  OpenSolaris build 137 (Solaris 2 partition type, ZFS formatted)
P4, E2]  Small (4G) Win16 [going to use to play with ZFS features]
P4, E3]  Small (4G) Win16 [Ditto]
P4, E4]  Linux Boot (unencrypted Ext4 with Linux Grub bootloader here)
P4, E5]  Linux LVM Group (Encrypted Ext4 with LVM)

The OpenSolaris Grub will chain load Win7 and Linux's Grub but I cannot boot
the OpenSolaris partition.

This booted fine when it was 2009.6, and it boots fine when I reboot after the
install for build 137 if I tell OpenSolaris from the Gnome GUI to skip the boot
menu, but if I uncheck 'Skip Boot Menu' and select to Default any OS, and
manually select OpenSolaris from the Grub menu at boot, it simply resets the
laptop and I'm back at the Post and Grub menu.  I *can* chain load Win7 and
Linux fine.  I cannot boot vanilla OpenSolaris using its' own boot loader.  I'm
typing this from the Gnome GUI in the build 137 install key before my 5th or
6th install attempt.  Every single time I install it, it works great with my
hardware, until I reboot.  I don't have a copy of the menu.lst here as I have
to get into the installed OpenSol system to read it.  (I don't know how to
mount the installed ZPool from the boot disk environment)

The system is a Dell laptop with a 256GB SSD drive.  The OS works fine in it
and 2009.6 booted fine..  something seems to have changed in Grub between
2009.6 and 2010.3 Preview.

I'll try to post the menu.lst after my next install attempt.  The Grub menu is
always the same.  I leave the OpenSol stuff completely alone in the OpenSol
menu.lst and simply edit one of the two Windows partition's titles to say "Dell
Recovery" and I add the Linux grub bootloader to be chainloaded from (HD0,7),
which works fine.

Would greatly appreciate any suggestions.

Stewart